More power? Check.
Better traction? Definitely.
Less shifting? Yup.
Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
Weight: 28t • 60g | 30t • 68g | 32t • 74g | 34t • 83g
Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
Made in the USA
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace the direct mount ring on SRAM cranksets including the DUB cranks. The ring is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. Note that the SRAM 12spd Red and Force AXS use a different 8 bolt mounting interface that is not compatible with these chainrings.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Chain Compatibility:
- 9, 10, 11, & 12spd Eagle - These chainrings are designed to work with all 9 speed, 10 speed, and 11 speed chains. They also work with 12 speed Eagle and 12 speed KMC chain. They do not work with Shimano 12 speed Hyperglide+ chain or SRAM 12 speed Flattop chain.
- 10, 11, & 12spd Eagle and Flattop - These chainrings are designed to work with all 10 speed, and 11 speed chains. They also work with 12 speed SRAM Flattop, SRAM Eagle and KMC chain. They do not work with Shimano 12 speed Hyperglide+ chain.
- Shimano 12-speed chains require the use of our Shimano 12-speed specific chainrings
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain. It fits tighter for better chain retention
- There are 3 offsets:
- Standard: 47mm chainline, 6mm offset for cyclocross and road cranks
- Standard: 49mm chainline, 6mm offset for non-Boost mountain bikes, GXP and long spindle BB30
- Boost: 52mm chainline, 3mm offset
- BB30: 49mm chainline, 0mm offset for BB30 short spindle cranks
- Fat bikes: If your fat bike has a 170/177 rear hub spacing, use the standard 6mm offset
- Praxis Works Road/CX cranks use the 6mm offset. Praxis Works mountain cranks use the 3mm offset for their DM-A and 0mm offset for their DM-B chainrings.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability.
- Ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center)
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2 teeth bigger than the size you order so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!
- f you have a BB30 crankset (30mm diameter aluminum spindle) this measurement will determine whether it is a long or short spindle:
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- 47mm on cyclocross and road with 6mm offset ring
- 49mm for standard non-boost (135/142mm rear hub spacing) with 6mm or 0mm offset (see compatibility above for which offset you need
- 52mm for Boost with 3mm offset (148mm rear hub spacing)